HXR-NX200 is an affordable, compact camcorder with a big 1.0-type sensor and new colour reproduction for superb 4K or Full-HD image quality. It offers all the professional features you need with refined manual controls including three independent manual lens rings, smart fully auto options and more.
4K or HD : Simply superb image quality
A large, 20 megapixel* 1.0 type sensor delivers stunning image quality in 4K (3840×2160) or Full-HD at 50Mbps. Its 1.0 sensor is brighter, has higher resolution and offers more bokeh with a shallow depth of field. NX200 gives you the flexibility to work the way you want to.
Well-balanced colour reproduction
Natural skin colours and rich mid-range colours deliver vivid, yet true-to-life imagery regardless of exposure setting. It’s perfect for capturing live events such as seminars, weddings and houses of worship. NX200’s newly developed gamma curve provides a vibrant look ready to share as soon as you export.
The professional’s choice
There’s no need to choose between professional features and superb 4K imaging at an entry level price-point. Advanced manual controls, including three independent manual lens rings, built-in 4-step ND filters and class-leading 4K and Full-HD performance make NX200 a choice you can rely upon for live events, corporate, education and wedding videography.
Stunning quality from a large 1.0 type sensor
The HXR-NX200’s single 20 megapixel* 1.0 type Exmor R CMOS sensor is approximately the same size as a 16mm film frame and seven times larger than three 1/4.7 type sensors combined. The key benefit of this large size is low noise and less blur because more light reaches the sensor, offering clear and steady pictures even in a dark scene with minimum illumination 1.7 lux**. The large sensor size also enables beautiful background defocussing (bokeh) to enable you to focus on what you want to show and defocus the rest of the image.
*14.2 million effective pixels.
**LOW LUX mode.
Sony G Lens with 24x Clear Image Zoom (FHD)
A fixed 29mm wide-angle lens with 12x optical zoom makes it easy to capture even the most expansive landscape scenes while also offering superb clarity and sharpness – maximising the performance of the NX200’s large 1.0 type sensor.
The G Lens is Sony’s own camera lens family, designed and manufactured to the high standards of optical performance.
In addition, your ability to get into close with the most distant scenes is aided by Sony’s advanced Clear Image Zoom feature. Once you’ve zoomed in at maximum 12x optical magnification, By Pixel Super Resolution Technology can enlarge the image by an additional 150% in 4K and 200% in HD while still preserving image quality. In addition, zoom performance can be doubled at any point with a digital extender by up to 24x.
Dual media slots for recording flexibility
To extend recording time and workflow flexibility, the NX200 is equipped with two memory card slots and is compatible with SDXC and SDHC cards.
RELAY mode automatically switches recording from the first to the second memory card when the first is full, while SIMUL mode permits simultaneous recording to two memory cards (for example to create an immediate back-up version). The NX200’s two Start/Stop buttons on the handle grip, and camcorder body, can independently start and stop recording on different memory cards while recording in SIMUL mode.
- Approx 1800 g (body)
- Approx. 3 lb 15 oz (body)
- Approx. 2100 g (with lens hood, ,eyecup, NP-F570 battery)
- Approx. 4 lb 10 oz (with lens hood, ,eyecup, NP-F570 battery)
Dimensions (W x H x D)*1
- 171.3 × 187.8 × 371.3 mm (With the accessories (lens hood, large eyecup), excluding the grip belt and including the projecting parts)
- 6 3/4 x 7 1/2 x 14 5/8 inches (With the accessories (lens hood, large eyecup), excluding the grip belt and including the projecting parts)
- DC In: 8.4V
- Battery: 7.2 V
- Approx. 5.7 W (while recording with viewfinder and AVCHD 1080/60i FX)
- Approx. 5.9 W (while recording with LCD and AVCHD 1080/60i FX)
- 0°C to 40°C
- 32°F to 104°F
- -20°C to +60°C
- -4°F to +140°F
Battery Operating Time
- Approx. 150 min. with NP-F570 battery (while recording with LCD, AVCHD 1080/50i FX)
- Approx. 240 min. with NP-F570 battery (while playing with LCD, AVCHD 1080/50i FX)
Recording Format (Video)
- XAVC S：MPEG4-AVC/H264 4:2:0 Long profile
- AVCHD : MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format compatible
Recording Format (Audio)
- XAVC S 4K : Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
- XAVC S HD : Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
- AVCHD : Linear PCM 2ch, 16-bit, 48 kHz / Dolby Digital 2ch, 16-bit, 48 kHz
- DV : Linear PCM 2ch, 16-bit, 48 kHz
Recording Frame Rate
- XAVC S 4K (3840 x 2160)@25p, 100Mbps/60Mbps
- XAVC S HD (1920 x 1080)@50p, 25p, 50 Mbps
- AVCHD (1920 x 1080)@50p, PS mode (28 Mbps)
- AVCHD (1920 x 1080) @50i/25p, FX mode (24 Mbps) FH mode(17 Mbps)
- AVCHD (1440 x 1080)@50i, HQ mode (9 Mbps) LP mode (5 Mbps)
- AVCHD (1280 x 720)@50p, FX mode (24 Mbps) FH mode (17 Mbps) HQ mode ( 9 Mbps)
- DV (720 x 576) @50i, 25 Mbps
- XAVC S 4K@LPCM 2ch 100 Mbps
- Approx. 75 min with 64 GB memory card
- XAVC S 4K@LPCM 2ch 60 Mbps
- Approx. 125 min with 64 GB memory card
- XAVC S HD@LPCM 2ch 50 Mbps
- Approx. 155 min with 64 GB memory card
- AVCHD@LPCM 2ch PS Mode
- Approx. 290 min with 64 GB memory card
- Approx. 145 min with 32 GB memory card
- AVCHD@LPCM 2ch FX Mode
- Approx. 340 min with 64 GB memory card
- Approx. 170 min with 32 GB memory card
- AVCHD@LPCM 2ch FH Mode
- Approx. 450 min with 64 GB memory card
- Approx. 225 min with 32 GB memory card
- Approx. 280 min with 64 GB memory card
- Approx. 140 min with 32 GB memory card
- Lens: MountFixed
- Zoom Ratio: 12x (optical), servo
- Focal Length:
- f = 9.3 - 111.6 mmequivalent to f = 29.0 - 348.0 mm on 35 mm lens (16:9)
- equivalent to f = 35.5 - 426.0 mm on 35 mm lens (4:3)
- Iris: F2.8 - F11 auto/manual selectable
- Focus: AF/MF selectable, 10 mm to ∞ (Wide), 1000 mm to ∞ (Tele)
- Image Stabilizer: ON/OFF selectable, shift lens
- Filter Diameter: M62 mm
- Charger(BC-L1) (1)
- Lens hood (1)
- Lens cap (1)
- Large eyecup (1)
- Shoe cap (1)
- USB cable (1)
- Rechargeable battery pack (NP-F570) (1)
- AC Adaptor (AC-L100 C) (1)
- Power cord (mains lead) (1)
- Wireless Remote Commander (RMT-845) (1)
- Lithium battery (CR2025 for the Wireless Remote Commander) (1), Pre-installed to the Wireless Remote Commander
- Before Using This Unit (1)
- CD-ROM (1)
- Warranty (1)